Today is Ash Wednesday.
Lent is a time of repentance, a time during which we are called to recall the sins of the past and turn our backs on them, that we may become stronger and grow into God's best for us.
For Lent this year, I am beginning again with my morning and evening prayer times, as described in my Rule of Life. I am also fasting during Lent, in the manner of Muslims at Ramadan - I will eat only when it is dark outside. To keep this fast in the order of Lent, I will break the fast on Sundays. Sundays are always feast days, so any Lenten observances are not expected on Sundays (though I do expect to continue with the morning and evening prayers on Sundays). I am also eliminating junk food from my diet. No pop, no chocolate, no candy, no chips, no cookies or cake.
This past year has been full of changes, in both myself and my world. God continues to work His changes in my spirit daily, and I praise and bless Him for that. I know that I am loved because of this. I look forwards to new and better changes in my life. I know that God has only His best planned for me, and I am excited about that. I am curious about my future, but I will wait on His revelation.
I do not expect this year to be simple. I merely expect it to be. I will know purpose and pain and precision and planning, all of it Godly in nature.
Thanks be to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment